Thursday, August 29, 2013

Final day of VMWorld

I have not won any thing, I have not gone out drinking every night, and I have hardly done any networking, but I have had the most amazing experience here at VMWorld 2013. Yes, some sessions were lame, yes Microsoft was an annoyance, but all in all I have so much new information. So many new things to look at. I have gotten to take a look at the issues that the industry is facing. I can logically talk to some of the issues our uses will be facing if we just try to recreate the standard standalone desktop. 

What an amazing general session! The innovations that those men are putting out are AMAZING!! MakeyMakey, Romotive and Makerbot. These guys are my new idols, they are taking the bull by the horns and they are doing something new and fresh. These are the true leaders of the future.their ability to look at things in a fresh new light and make it come to life is nothing short of amazing. The uses for their tech is almost endless. Congrats and hats off to you!

This year I have been more focused on our Horizon environment. With a couple of other things splattered in just for good measure, but that is what my life is right now. 

A Big Thank You to VMWare for doing such a great job. You have been on point on everything in my mind. I am not one of the IT elite that get to travel to every event and I truly appreciate all the effort that was made to help us have the most pleasurable experience we could have (next year busses back to our rooms after the show please?). 

Thanks to my company for investing in me. I do appreciate it. I will do my part to make things work the best I can for us back home with the new knowledge. A special thanks to my wife for keeping everything running back home, I wish you were here with me honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment